First of all I want to thank Charlotte at http://cauldronsandbroomsticks.wordpress.com for electing me for the Liebster Award, I am thankful and surprised that I was someone she chose as worthy of this award. Thank you Charlotte, you choosing me is both flattering and humbling, knowing that my words have found such merit. *Blush*
Anyways, without further ado, here is the specifics.
1. I must detail 11 random facts about myself
2. Answer 11 questions from Charlotte
3. Pass the torch by nominating 11 other bloggers (or however many you can/would like to!)
4. Devise 11 questions for my nominees
5. Display the Liebster Award Logo
First, 11 random things about me:
1. I loathe olives in all of their forms, just bleh, they are something I cannot bring myself to eat. I was told I ate them as a child, but I don’t remember this…
2. I have spent hours discussing the logistics, physics, ethical dilemmas, and fact checking the current Tinkerbell movies. (My daughters love them, and after seeing them so many times, my brain had to pick them apart to stay sane.)
3. When learning the violin in 5th grade I was able to make the instrument sound like a dying animal, and broke two different bows in one day. I wasn’t allowed to play them after that.
4. I used to bite my fingernails as a child, but I have been able to avoid doing it for a long time.
5. I am a late blooming geek, having only really gotten into comic books, video games, online gaming, D&D, and tabletop gaming as an adult. I was told that these things weren’t for girls, and wasn’t allowed to do any of them.
6. The weirdest thing I have ever done was pin a plastic figure from Ghost Busters onto my shoulder in high school and pretend it was my demon familiar.
7. I used to read in the dark by street lamp as a child, and had to wear reading glasses for a couple years because it messed up my eyes.
8. I want to learn how to tan leather and prepare my own skins, but am slightly grossed out by the processes I have studied online. (some require using liquefied brains >_<)
9. I was baptized on Christmas Eve at the age of 13, but instead of making me a stronger Christian, I saw white lights swirling around me and felt pulled through a portal into the Moon. After that I began questioning my beliefs, and secretly began honoring Nature, even though I didn’t know there was a word for it.
10. I haven’t been able to stretch out and touch my toes in my entire life, even with exercise and working on my flexibility.
11. I have sound aversions, the sound of balloons popping, or gritty ice grinding against the freezer wall will send me into a shivering retreat from the room, and make me feel sick to my stomach.
11 questions from Charlotte:
1. What is your favourite quote or motto? Not all who wander are lost. This sums up my life, and its myriad twists and turns over the years.
2. Do you sing in the shower or recite poetry? I enjoy singing in the shower, sometimes I sing Godsmack’s “Voodoo” or Evanescence’s “Lithium” as meditative chants.
3. What is the ringtone on your phone (either mobile or landline)? A generic annoying ring so that I can hear it, cell phone all the way, much easier to use on the go.
4. Describe your dream home? I am torn between Bilbo Baggin’s house in the LOTR movies, and the castle from Beauty and the Beast, mostly because I want the library the Beast has.
5. What made you start blogging? I started blogging because my patron Loki claimed me, and gave me the responsibility to write about Him and His family members, as well as restarting a new Path in my beliefs. I had been studying Paganism and Witchcraft for about 9 years, but had struggled to find what fit ME instead of what worked for everyone else. I tried on so many different guises that I lost who I was, and what I truly believed, and Loki helped me start over fresh after blowing everything old and stagnant up with spiritual dynamite.
6. What book are you currently reading? Tricked by Kevin Hearne, part of the Iron Druid series. (rereading it actually)
7. What are you avoiding doing by answering these questions? I am avoiding doing the laundry and cleaning the disaster area that is our living room.
8. What is the most obscure piece of trivia you can share? A female hermit crab has a small coil of tentacles on one side of her soft, inner abdomen in order to carry her eggs after they have been laid, before they are hatched and dispersed into the ocean.
9. Favourite music and why? I love Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, it grabs you by your primal emotions and gives you a healthy outlet for the need to stomp or punch things.
10. Do you have a favourite item of clothing and why? I have a charcoal gray pair of men’s cargo pants that are incredibly comfortable and the amount of pockets is perfect for all the stuff I need to carry around with me.
11. Do you believe in alternative therapies? Why/why not? I do believe that some alternative therapies such as Herbalism, massage therapy, Aromatherapy, and many more are effective and helpful for the people seeking relief and healing. But I have done research on hot-button issues such as vaccines, antibiotics, ADHD medications to be better informed to care for my children, and believe that traditional doctor and medical staff based medicines have a very important place. Having a family member who has type 1 diabetes and a heart problem that needed surgery proved to me the importance of doctors and medical interventions.
My 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Which of the 4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are you most like?
2. Would you want to live in the setting of prehistoric Europe (like Clan of the Cave Bear) or in Middle Earth (Tolkien’s universe), describe who you would be and why?
3. What is your favorite plant?
4. What kind of animal are you most like?
5. What was the worst book you have ever read?
6. Do you have a special piece of jewelry that signifies your beliefs?
7. What sort of metal do you prefer?
8. What do you think of when you imagine the color Orange?
9. What part of your body would you want turned into a cybernetic enhancement?
10. What is your least favorite color?
11. Do you prefer tattoos or piercings?
And lastly, my nominees:
Looking forward to everyone’s responses ^_^